Saturday, July 11, 2009

A New Puppy

Dave is pushing for a new dog after Dixie disappeared two weeks ago.
I think it's a little soon, but admit the chances of her re-emerging at this point are slim. Working theory -- someone found her, liked her and kept her. At least until she decides to take another walkabout and plop into someone else's life.

So, Dave contacted the pet rescue people and found this pup -- "Mallory," a lab/retriever mix.

So, the name "Mallory" has to go. The Pet Rescue people, we think, give the dogs names because it's probably easier to adopt a dog with a name than a number. Dixie came to us as "Selena."

Mallory makes me think of Alex P. Keaton's sister. So we talked about a new name last night.

Dave: How about "Pooka dog."

Me: What?

Dave: It's Hawaiian for "hot dog." Isn't that clever?

Me: I'm not going, "Here Pooka Dog!" That's too gay.

Dave: Well, how about a regular girl name. [he thinks for a minute] How about Bonnie?

Me: We have a friend named Bonnie. We can't name her Bonnie

Dave: But she's moving.

Me: [knowing I need to come up with an acceptable alternative or I'm going to be stuck with "Pooka Dog" -- which means why not just get a poodle and groom her and tie pink ribbons in her fur] How about "Betty?"

So we're thinking about "Betty." Feminine, yet kind of working class girl. And we don't have any friends named Betty.

Thoughts?

6 comments:

ポテト said...

ポテト餅を集めている。材料二人分じゃがいもハムピーマンサラダヨーグルトキウイおうちでごはん夜ごはんTB0PageTop大人からチーズ大きなポテトいりおかゆ、色ですよね。

Eric said...

What a cutie! I'm sorry you guys never found Dixie, though.

Unknown said...

What a cute pup! Congratulations on choosing to rescue a dog.

I write about pet adoption at www.adopt-a-pet-you-will-love.com. I think it is important to encourage getting a dog from a shelter or rescue.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry man! Is he/she any better?

Arash said...

The last message was from me! lOlOl

Scott said...

Ari I knew it was you from the use of the word "man". Thanks!