Thursday, April 01, 2010

What Congress is Worried About Now with HCR Done

Island capsizing. According to the Hill:

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is afraid that the U.S. Territory of Guam is going to "tip over and capsize" due to overpopulation.

You can see it for yourself in this clip. The tipping point is at about 1:20 in. The Congressman's spokesperson later spinned that Johnson was speaking figuratively about the island's infrastructure collapsing from an influx of U.S. Marines.

The Admiral he is questioning deserves an award for not laughing in his face.

1 comment:

Gilahi said...

Every time things are quiet for a while, every time I think it just might be OK for me to say I'm from Georgia without people thinking I'm therefore an idiot, one of the people in power there says something so blindingly stupid that I have to reset the clock and start waiting again.