Monday, August 21, 2006

The LTR

My long term partner, who, has been giving me shit about being referred to as the "LTR" (aka, Long term relationship) met me at the door tonight after band.

One of the outcomes of being in a LTR is that you can "read" your partner easily. Before he even opened the door I knew something was wrong. It was... more plumbing issues. We live in a 100 year old house and lately every plumbing thing that could go wrong has and a new issue popped up tonight.

After the plumbing issue gets, well, dealt with, not resolved, he tells me his dad has had a heart attack. He had it w/out knowing it. A 1/4 of his heart is dead. His dad is in poor health generally.

And, his silver medal from the gay games arrived today.

I feel bad for my LTR. And I am immensely proud of him.

No comments: