Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Cruel Shoes


It was finally time to retire these babies:












The bottom sole was wearing off and there were new "air vents" above my big toe. These babies have trod all over DC, Costa Rica, Hawaii, Illinois, Key West and the Shenandoahs. I think I'll burn them and scatter their ashes at sea.

So, I went to Fleet Feet and bought a brand new pair:




Yes, they're bright orange. I figured they'd help keep me safer in deer season. Besides, if I'm having a mid-life crisis I should be making bolder fashion statements, no?

Hopefully MD won't pull me aside and say, "Honey, why didn't you call me?"

2 comments:

Matty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matty said...

As one of my fav character's - who happens to LOVE shoes - once said, "Me Likey!!!"