Monday, June 29, 2009

Search and Rescue

We were hiking in the Shenandoah National Park yesterday when our dog, Dixie, spotted something and gave chase. She did not come back.

We looked and waited and re-walked the trail and no signs of her. We're going back today. The trail we were on started at the cabin we were renting so there is at least a chance that she would find her way back there.

But if we don't find her, she is wearing a tag with our name and phone number.

Anyway, that's why posting has been light.

3 comments:

Herb said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure after a night or two in the woods she will be seeking out human companionship and will be found.

Good luck!

lacochran said...

I hope you are reunited with her soon!

Eric said...

The same goes for me too! I don't know you (but I think I saw you at Capital Pride), but I hope you and your dog are together soon!

Eric