Monday, July 06, 2009

Tortured Quote for the Day

Sarah Palin:

"I’ve never thought I needed a title before one’s name to forge progress in America."

She gets lost in one sentence. It starts out about her and ends up about everyone. She should have more properly said, "I never thought I needed a title before my name to forge progress in America." Or, more modestly, "I never thought a title was required to forge progress in America." And the "forge progress" part is clunky -- "forge" makes me think of a blacksmith or something large and bulky from a time when trains belched steam. I don't sense "progress" in the forging. "Spark, spur," or even a simple "create" would have sufficed.

But perhaps I expect too much from someone the Republican Party said was qualified to be leader of the free world.

I doubt there is a scandal coming. This smells like a temper-tantrum.

I don't think she needed a scandal to force one's resignation.

See, she's got me doing it.

3 comments:

Arash said...

She was merely exhausted.She did not have the capacity to be governor or a state with 600,000 people,let alone being VP or the president. She went to that office by mistake.

Scott said...

If she truly is leaving politics (doubtful) then I will take her at her word: She IS putting country first.

Unknown said...

Hello Sir

Your blog is very much interesting; I am your blog favorites. also I follow your blog.

http://nasa-image.blogspot.com/

I have been maintaining this blog for more than a year.

My blog deals with current news on NASA Space Shuttle Missions,International Space Station News, Astronauts News and Moon & Mars, Aeronautics,Science & Technology

I have got many back links for my blog http://nasa-image.blogspot.com/ from related sites

So If you could provide me a link to my blog, it will be much more useful for user and young school and college peoples.

Around 9,500 visitors daily visits my blog. So it will be highly benefited for your sites also.

It would be great pleasure if you can add this link http://nasa-image.blogspot.com/ in your blog so that it can benefit our visitors.

Hope you would add my blog.

Please respond to me for this mail.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards
Jishnu