Tuesday, May 27, 2008

En Route to Louisville

From the beach to the Bluegrass state. Hopefully. Currently delayed in foggy gloomy Cleveland.

In the security line at National this morning there was a young soldier in desert fatigues. He started to remove his boots when the TSA agent told him he didn't have to, after showing his military ID. Good, I thought -- the young men and women who put their lives on the line for our security shouldn't have to endure the same indignities we do.

When I got through security, quickly reclaimed my stuff, I saw him again, this time in the search area, and he was taking off his boots. He'd been tagged for some reason, and was busy removing every bit of medal from his body and uniform before being frisked.

I know the TSA agent was just doing his job. It just seemed wrong.

No comments: