Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday Fashionista

MattyDale's weekly fashion (and odor) advice.


Hey Man, What Is That Funky Smell???


In the Wednesday Workout, the LTR posed the question, “Has it become hip, mod, or otherwise trendy to walk around cloaked in strong man-smell? The reason I’m asking is that a number of guys at the gym are consistently showing up in the morning cloaked in “eau d’ homme.”


To answer the Wednesday Pump Master’s question, it is my personal opinion that it is not acceptable to leave one’s home smelling of “eau d’ homme.” Frankly, I do not care that one may be heading to the gym. I am not saying I would powder up and primp for the gym, putting on a gallon of cologne that will gag half the gym membership. Nor would I spend the time messing with a lot of product to be perfectly coiffed. BUT, a thorough shower, if nothing else but to wake up, is in order. And don’t spare the deodorant. PLEASE, it’s the gym, not Saturday night at the DC Eagle.


Yes, you are going to the gym to work out and get sweaty. That does not mean you should use it as an excuse to abandon good hygiene and consideration for other gym patrons.


Generally speaking, and this goes beyond the gym, let me just say that we are an advanced society. One word… Bathe!


Furthermore, In this day and age of hypoallergenic deodorants, there is no reason for someone to skip proper hygiene because of allergies. As one who is sensitive to many deodorant products, I can honestly say I have found good luck with a few products prevent offensive odors AND do not irritate the skin under my arms. Degree Invisible Solid and Mitchum (there is a Smart Solid and a Sensitive Skin product that are great and do not stain your shirts) are just a few that I recommend.


The point is, when you are out in public (gym, work, shopping, etc.) you should not only take care to select what you are wearing, but also how you smell. We don’t need over-scented Obsession-drenched men hitting the streets. I am talking about a nice, clean scent. Shower (with soap) and use something to reduce or eliminate “eau d’ homme.” If not for yourself, please, for the rest of us.


4 comments:

Matty said...

Hey Scott - please note, my URL is idiotsavantnd.blogspot.com - not www.idiotsavantnd.blogspot.com - that URL is for blogger in London.

Scott said...

It's my blog and your url is what I say it is, Missy.

Anonymous said...

That girl has such fashion sense. Missy, you are one smart bitch.

Matty said...

You see Scott! I'm one smart bitch! Remember that the next time you doubt me.