Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Denounce Thee

I find I am filled with outrage this morning.

My parents think homosexuality is a sin. I denounce them.

A business colleague is family friends with the Rev. Al Sharpton, who in fact officiated at her wedding. I denounce her.

My partner thinks we shouldn't have invaded Iraq. I denounce him.

My former neighbors in Florida, the ones who helped us whenever we needed it and who invited us to have holiday dinners with them, knowing we were gay, flew a confederate flag in front of their house. I denounce them.

My dogs will eat food scraps found on the street if I'm not watching. I denounce them.

Some of my closest friends are supporting either Hillary Clinton or John McCain. I denounce them.

Most people I know are straight and engage in a special right denied to me called marriage. I denounce them all.

You, yes you...you who probably don't march in lock-step with everything I believe and every value I hold dear...I denounce you too.

So here I am, in complete moral harmony with my beliefs...and totally alone.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I don't like moral uncertainty.

I denounce me too.

1 comment:

Curtis said...

I would have to denounce 9 of the 10 right along with you.