Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ker-Chow!

Eli returns tomorrow. We replaced his crib with a Lightening McQueen bed. When I was his age I was forced to sleep in a bed shaped merely like a, well, bed. Clearly I was abused. This probably explains a lot.

The bed was easy to put together. The stickers, not so much. And Lightening McQueen has a lot of stickers (remember, Sally in the movie calls him "Stickers." If you don't know this you haven't seen Cars a gazillion times. If you want to know what you're missing, come sit with Eli. You'll get more than a chance).

There are a few wrinkles in the stickers. My dad would have been able to put on the stickers wrinkle-free. I got the part of the genes that wants perfection, but not the part of the gene with the patience to achieve it.

I will say this about fatherhood: it makes you appreciate your own father all the more.

Ker-Chow!

1 comment:

Matty said...

And he will feel the same thing when he puts together a bed for his own child one day! You are a great dad, and he is going to love the bed when he sees it! How's he going to sleep? He's going to be so excited!