Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trust

A former boss told me that one of my biggest weaknesses was that I was too trusting.

It's true.

For example, I trusted my government when it told me there were WMDs in Iraq. And so I supported the war.

And then I found out -- I know, no surprise to you -- that it was all a lie.

Now I'm being told by my government that we "have" to spend $700 billion in taxpayer's money to bailout Wall Street.

I do believe we're in a crisis. It's real.

And it's a terrible thing to not be able to trust your government in a real crisis.

And the McCain campaign is engaging in the same sort of distortions, lies, double talk, avoiding accountability or scrutiny, as the Bush Administration.

Barack Obama may end up disappointing me and lose my trust. John McCain has already done so. The idea of trusting a McCain administration in these perilous times is enough to send me into a great depression.

No comments: