Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Obama's Inaugural Parade to Include Gay Band

UPDATE II: A friend and reader points out to me that both Clinton inaugural parades included a large contingent from the Names Project, marching with quilt panels. That was a big deal, and in fairness to the Clinton administration, I should point that out (yes, folks, I'm actually acknowledging something positive about the Clintons. It must be Christmastime...).

UPDATE: Looks like the word is out. Go LGBA!

The Lesbian and Gay Band Association (LGBA) has announced that a marching contingent comprised of people from its members bands has officially been accepted to march in Obama's Inaugural Parade.

This is the first time in history an openly gay group will be in the parade (Clinton okayed gays taking part on the side lines in his two inaugurations).

I hope my friends at LGBA will make sure to get the word out, as the fact that our community actually has LGBT bands is a well kept secret. And some folks are already getting antsy about gay visibility in the festivities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama is not the bad guy. In fact, he's helping us by lowering the cost of money for people, increasing grant funds, and more as a bailout package for us.

Our Bailout

Anonymous said...

Does the band need a tuba player? I think I can still remember the B-flat scale...