Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Brad L. Graham

The guy who coined the word "blogosphere" has died unexpectedly. At age 41.

His blog, Bradlands, was the first blog I followed. We traded emails a few times. I loved his sense of humor and way with words. He used a number of running gags on his blog, including the "conversations from a bar scene" in which he recounted a conversation he (supposedly) had with his friends there. Such as this one:

Jeff: I have to take something for the office potluck tomorrow. Do you know how to make an artichoke dip?

Brad: Sure, that's easy. The hard part is getting it to dance with you in the first place.

Jeff: (stares)

Brad: What?

Jeff: Seriously, how do you ever get laid?

In recent years he blogged less frequently and I stopped reading. Even so, I feel as if I have lost a friend.

No comments: