Monday, January 11, 2010

A Gay Ugandan's Anniversery

Nine years ago a man in Uganda met his mate. Another Ugandan man. Like anyone in a long term relationship, he doesn't have the answer to "how do you do stay together:"

I can safely say that by the second week, I did know that I was hooked. I was in love.

No. A one night stand does not lead to the love of life. The chemistry is more subtle, more distant.
To date I joke that it was a one night stand that has lasted the nine years. And, in a way it is true. What do I know of love?
I cannot counsel lovers. Because, despite the experience, to me it has been a day at a time. That is how they have come, that is how they were taken.

Of course, his government is considering legislation, a "Kill the gays" law that would put them both to death for their love.

One day at a time. That is how they have come, that is how they were taken.

No comments: