Saturday, May 24, 2008

Meanwhile, at the Naturist Beach

You ever have one of those dreams where you're standing in front of everyone naked?

Well, the LTR and I spent the day at Gunnison Beach, where exposing all your parts to the sun is not only legal but expected. This is our second trip here.

It was very relaxing and the LTR fell asleep after lunch. I was restless, and took a walk. While I was gone, he woke up. He said he didn't know where he was, he was alone, and he was naked! After a few seconds the panic was gone and he put it together. Until he realized that the magazine he had been reading fell on his lap while he slept. And while he sweat. So he had a big ink stain across his, well, interior. At least it was a painless way to get a tattoo there.

Two observations about the naturist beach (even people who take off all the clothes have politically correct terminology, you musn't say "nude").

1) The clientele here skews fat. Not just out of shape but moridly obese. Now, this doesn't bother me as I'm no model either. And I'm not here to look at naked people who turn me 0n (I have the Internet for that). I'm here to experience being natural outdoors. But there is enough common obesity to make me wonder if it is a constant in the naturist community? And if so, why? Is it a way of saying "fuck you" to our Abercrombie and Fitch obsessed culture?

2) If you're going to sunbathe at a nude beach, take your clothes off. Here at Sandyhook there are multiple beaches to choose from and only one naturist beach. So if you are on the naturist beach donning a bathing suit you're only there for one reason -- to gawk. To me it's the only perverse thing about the beach. You. In the wet clingly bathing suit. Take it off or get out. We fat naked people don't like you staring at us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess you've stopped worrying that your mother reads your blog, eh?

Have a good time.

lacochran said...

If "nude" is not an acceptable term then I guess "nekkid" is just plain wrong, too? :)

Scott said...

Michael -- according to my mother, she has lost the url and no longer reads.

Anonymous said...

Very funny AND interesting post.

Did you happen take any pictures that you can share (with faces obscured or with heads cropped off of course) for us gawkers? We can all remain anonymous.

Signed,
Anonymous

Scott said...

Proper naturist etiquette frowns on photography at the nude beach.