Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Calls I Missed

Since the LTR and I have adopted exclusive use of our cell phones for business and personal use, the house phone goes unanswered as pretty much anyone we want to talk to knows to call us on our mobiles. So I've gotten out of the habit of checking voicemail on the home number. I checked it last night, and there were something like 18 messages. These included:

  • My mom (not avoiding her, really)
  • A recording that called leaving the number 202/767-7639 which is some sort of help desk for something I don't need help for -- this was left muplitple times
  • A foggy Assistant Artistic Director saying something about scores
  • A radio station from Atlanta wanting to interview the LTR on an issue he doesn't "do" anymore
  • The delivery guy with our Thai food
  • And:

John McCain and Ken Mehlman, both urging us to vote for the "strong slate" of Republican candidates in the District of Columbia. Geez...these guys must of found the meth Haggard threw away. Strong slate? Let's see:

The DC GOP candidate for mayor got just 6 percent of the vote, 2 points more than the Green Party candidate.

There wasn't a Republican candidate for City Council Chair or for the Council seat in Ward 1 (my ward). The Republican candidate for the at-large district council seat actually got 2 points less votes than the Green Party candidate.

"Strong slate?" Heckuva job, guys...

Excuse me, I need to go call my mother.

No comments: