Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Mother

is very conservative, if you hadn't picked up on that. She is a pure product of the bible belt. I think -- although my father is very reserved and his demeanor is gruff -- that she is sterner and starker in her religious views. She has made it clear she thinks homosexuality is a sin, despite the love and support my partner and I give each other. Yet, on the other hand, her actions don't follow her words...she treats the LTR the same as she treated my ex-brother-in-law and I know she loves him. I don't think her religious-right trained brain has worked things out with her loving heart.

Still, she's no puritan. She makes a point of calling her governor, Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, "Gov. Blow-job-o-vich." I don't care who your mother is, you just don't expect to hear the words "blow job" cross her, ah, lips.

No comments: