Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Bar Conversation

The LTR and I stopped at a gayborhood watering hole on the way home tonight. The LTR left to go the men's room.

Stranger (to me): I like your beard.

Me: Thanks. I'm going to shave it off soon, though.

Stranger: Why?

Me: Makes me look scruffy, old.

Stranger: It just needs trimmed.

(LTR returns.)

Stranger (To LTR): I like your shaved head.

Me (To Myself) Could we come up with a follicle independent pick up line?

LTR: Thanks. God did most of it.

Stranger: It looks good.

Me: I like shaved heads, but I wouldn't look good with one.

Stranger: No, your forehead is too high, your eyes would be in the middle of your face. People would think you're Frankenstein.

Me (Locking eyes with LTR and communicating wordlessly): He just compared me with Frankenstein.

LTR (looking back, responding non-verbally): He didn't mean it as an insult, let it go.

Me (to stranger): You know, I wouldn't drink too many more beers, or that beer belly you have may remind people of Jabba the Hutt.

LTR (to us both): We're leaving.

3 comments:

Steven said...

Great comeback, Scott! Who's Jabba the Hutt, anyway?

Scott said...

You're joking, right?

Steven said...

OK, I admit. I've never heard the full name before. But after "googling" the name, I had to chuckle even more at your comeback. An interesting picture came to mind.