Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Official Welcome Home

When it was our turn to go through the U.S. Customs checkpoint at the Atlanta airport, the LTR and I progressed to the agent when called. She looked at me and said, "are you related?" I said,
"we've been partners for 20 years." She said, "Get back in line, you're not related."

It was the only time during our travel to South America and back that any official or anyone in authority forcibly separated us.

In other words, "Welcome back to America, faggot."

2 comments:

Steven said...

So sorry about the TERRIBLE welcome you received. I have never had to go through customs and I'm just wondering why you had to be separated. Regardless, we should have been there with kazoos and streamers. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am truly amazed and shocked and more stunned that I am amazed and shocked.