Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The People at my (New) Gym

I mentioned the other day I'd joined a new gym near my new office. Earlier I described some of the people at my old gym. Here's some of the folks at the new one:

Chewbacca: this guy is covered head to foot with a thick mane of black hair. He tends to hang out in the whirlpool. I don't know if they have to clean the intakes after he gets out.

Gabber the Hutt: I mentioned this guy already -- a late 50 something very large man with huge gut who hangs out in the locker room in his boxers, perhaps in a futile vision quest to see the tops of his feet. He's there gabbing away when I arrive and is still there after I work out, sauna, shower, shave and leave. I've yet to see him on the workout floor.

Miss Rich Bitch: this is the typical gentrified snobbish Old Town Alexandria Grand Dame who thinks she's something. She's probably early 60ish, arrives at the gym all done up in an expensive lycra body suit. She's being trained by a (hot) young black trainer and she whines the whole time. I will give her this -- she's kept the weight off despite the years and if she can tone up she will look fantastic.

The Blogger: 40ish guy who bikes in from DC, does a quick workout (usually triceps or biceps), does some minimal hamstring stretches in the sauna, shaves, showers and leaves, all the while observing what's going on around him so he can blog about it later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ow! :)

"all the while observing what's going on around him so he can blog about it later."

That's pretty hilarious actually (also quite sad).

Scott said...

Sad...how?

Anonymous said...

i suppose you can focus more on working out there. sounds like a place worth joining.

Cardinal said...

The blogger dude sounds kinda lame. I'd stay away from him if I were you. ;)

Matty said...

Sounds like he is totally forgetting his abs! Hmmm, observe other gym members or abs... how about alternating that in with tri's and hamstrings? It's about balance right?