Friday, January 16, 2009

What They Really Meant Was..

So, it was like 9 this morning, with a stiff wind out of the North-northwest. Perfect day for biking to work! Which I did.

Normally I remove my helmet and other gear before coming inside but I had so much headgear on and it was, well, 9, I decided to remove said gear in the warmth of my office.

Walking in, bedecked in bike helmet, two different co-workers asked me, "Oh, did you ride your bike today." To which I wanted to say, "No, I was afraid I'd bump my head so I decided to wear this bike helmet all day."

Upon reflection, I have decided that when they saw me in my bike helmet, they didn't mean to ask, "Did you ride your bike today?" What they really meant was, "Are you really so stupid to ride your bike to work when it's so freakin' cold?"

That question makes sense.

No comments: