Saturday, January 31, 2009

This Old Guitar

I bought a new guitar today to replace the one I've had since high school. The old one had become damaged, beyond repair and it was a cheap one in the first place and not worth the cost of repair even if repair could be effective.

I'm going to keep the old guitar, but it's become unplayable, and I feel I've lost an old friend. This is the guitar I got from my parents at Christmas when I has a high school freshman. One of my best friends in college showed me how to play it. It helped me pass many lonely nights, entertained the LTR first, and ultimately his family. The day Ranger died I played and sang for her, to comfort her. I used it to sing lullabyes to my newborn son.

I will miss my old guitar.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Crap. You write a nice little sappy post and you get Jesus spam.