Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Entrado Obscuridad en el Camino Inca

I´m not sure that´s correct Spanish but that worry hasn´t stopped me from using the Scott version of Spanish here in Peru.

Tomorrow, at 4:30 am, we get picked up for our trip to hike the Inca Trail (Cambio de Inca). For the next five days the LTR and I will be hiking the Andes, treading a trail blazed by the Incas before the arrival of Columbus and Pizarro. It will culminate in a dawn visit to Machu Pichu, on Monday. Most of our gear will be carried by horses and we have a Andean guide, who met us here at the Casa de San Blas where we are staying and basically reviewed with us how challenging the next five days are gonna be. There are six other people besides our sherpas and guides and the LTR and I are hoping they will be more like the chain smoking overweight women in the suite next to ours and not the thin, young, healthy energetic brits who were hanging out on the calle above the hotel last night. We don´t want to be the group stragglers.

Both of us are doing better with the alttitude but are not yet 100%. I am doing better than the LTR, which he won´t admit but is true nonetheless.

Anyway, I won´t be on her again until Monday night (doubtful, as I think I´ll be a little tired) or Tuesday. I´m thinking of carrying a notebook and recording my thoughts so I can retro blog, but we´ll see how much weight it adds to my backpack. Although most of our stuff is being carried by horses, we will carry a personal pack for stuff we need tduring the day.

MattyDale and Euphonic Gumshoe are supposed to be keeping this updated, but so far I see they´ve been tongue-tied.

I apologize for more mispelled words than usual, but I can´t seem to get spell check to work and the keyboard, which includes Spanish characters like the ¡ and the ¿ and the Ç is laid out a bit differently.

Adios, mis amigos. ¡Muchas gracias por leer este blog!

2 comments:

Steven said...

i hope the hiking has gone well. In regards to retro-blogging, I would do the same thing by writing what the highs and lows were of the day during the vacation. Provides a nice recap. Looking forward to yours.

Anonymous said...

Double your normal water intake to help curb altitude sickness...you don't realize how much you're losing at altitude.