Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hillary to Advocate: I'm not for Marriage Equality

That's reportedly what she made clear in an interview to the Advocate magazine, according to the Daily Intelligencer. I'll wait to read the entire Advocate piece, but whether or not she believes in marriage equality, I'm willing to bet you President Hillary Clinton would never take as outspoken or courageous a stand for marriage equality as, say, well the Republican Mayor of San Diego.

Here's what the Intelligencer had to say about the Advocate article:

Some hopeful gay voters take her carefully worded objections to marriage equality and interpret them as hints that she really, deep down, believes in it. But in the Advocate story, Clinton for the first time makes it aggressively clear that this is not the case. "I would tell you [if it was]," she said to Kennedy. "This is an issue that I’ve had very few years of my life to think about when you really look at it, when you compare it to a whole life span. I am where I am right now, and it is a position that I come to authentically."

No comments: