Friday, September 01, 2006

Curse of the Drapers at Washington Sports Club

The most annoying thing at the gym are the drapers -- the guys who drape their bodies over the machines while they're resting between sets.

It's like the machines are their own personal barca lounges. Yes, you can ask to work in, but the drapers always give you that look like you've ruined their beauty sleep. I almost took the pulse of one pasty guy draped across the incline bench the other day. But he stirred just in time to take a drink of water from his bottle before collapsing again. I don't think you can call it a workout. Maybe a lounge-out.

Anyway, I'm on a new tricep-bicep routine that the LTR borrowed from Arnold Schwartzenegger. The LTR says if I stay on it I can increase my arm size and maybe one day be governor of California.

If only the drapers would stay out of my way.

No comments: