Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Washington, DC

Things I Like about Living in Washington, D.C.

  1. The abundant bike paths
  2. Springtime
  3. Monuments, the National Mall
  4. The history of the city, especially as linked to the Civil War
  5. Being able to walk or bike pretty much anywhere I want to go
  6. The diversity of neighborhoods like Adams Morgan and the U Street corridor
  7. City Lights of China -- best Chinese restaurant in the city
  8. Proximity to the beach and the mountains
  9. Everyone talks about politics -- even the homeless
  10. The visibility of the gay community
And things I don't like so much:

  1. People in my neighborhood who litter
  2. Dangerous metro bus drivers (Metrobus drivers have killed three people so far this year)
  3. Clueless tourists
  4. The transient nature of the city -- too many people come and go
  5. The DC Public school system
  6. Emergence of Starbucks culture in once unique areas like Adams Morgan and the U Street Corridor
  7. The winter
  8. the homeless and panhandling
That's it - and I had to work harder at my don't like list than my like list - a good sign I think. I like it here.

No comments: