Thursday, May 31, 2007

Birthday Wrap-up

One last birthday post to bore you with then I'll go back to boring you with the usual stuff.

It was a very nice day with lots of wishes from friends and ended in an evening with the "Three Geminis" -- me and two friends whose bdays are adjacent to mine.

This is us, Chad, MattyDale, and me and my extra chin (hey, but I'll have you know I'm wearing a smaller waist size than I did when I was 24, mister!)

I was a little apprehensive that, in true Witches of Eastwick style, when the three of us got together and made a birthday toast that there would be a flash of lightening and a demonic Charles Nelson Reilly would appear and make us do evil things to the DC Gay Community. Fortunately all that happened was the clink of wine glasses and the happy talk that accompanies much wine drinking on a happy occasion.

The day also included a massage from my favorite therapist Nasko (see, my son and I have much in common -- he likes Nascar and I like Nasco) and a fun lunch with another good friend.

But the highlight of the day was a call from my two year old son, who sang, "Happy Birthday to Daddy" to me over the phone. And the LTR kept up a steady stream of sweet nothing text messages all day.

Thanks to everyone who helped make my forty-&*$%-third birthday a special one.

No comments: