Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Old Girlfriend Part II

the former GF and I met today.

We met. It was nice. Talked about what we were doing career wise. Walked down memory lane some. Met her husband, talked about camping trips.

Here's the cool thing...she is clearly happy. Happy with her career, her husband, her home. That was nice to see. And she was appreciative of the things I have, including the LTR. One thing I didn't tell you about her earlier was she was (and is) very religious. I didn't know how she'd handle the whole "My high school boyfriend loves another man" thing. But she said to me, "I'm so happy you found someone who cares about you." And she said it without irony, too.

I made a good choice when I dated her those many years ago, but a romantic relationship was not in the cards between us. Here's hoping our friendship resumes.

1 comment:

Matty said...

Good for you! I am really glad this went well.