Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The GOP -- All Closet Cases?

It would seem so. And I can attest -- as I were one once (note past tense, these days I'm neither closeted or a Republican) -- that when I worked for the Republican National Committee in the late 80s early 90s the top admin and legal staff had a number of high profile gay men running the show. They weren't so much closeted but it was an open secret. As the Foley scandal showed us, the GOP leadership is privately okay with openly gay people serving on their staffs and their rabid homophobia is a posture for the fundies.

The interesting thing about the Craig case is that he doesn't deny (at least that I've seen) the specific allegations of foot rubbing under the stall partition or the sweeping of his hand. Jon Stewart must be having a field day.

No comments: