Friday, January 05, 2007

Send Dan on a Re-Date to help the Gay Men's Chorus


This is Dan Kaufman, a friend of a friend.

The Washington Post, says Dan, "sent me and Robert Falk on a blind date back in October, and they interviewed us and wrote about it in the Sunday Magazine a few weeks ago. The date was nice, and Robert and I got along great--there just wasn't any romantic interest."

And Now:

"they asked me back, with a twist. Instead of a completely blind date, if I'm chosen as the guy who gets to go out on a second date, I'll get to choose from 3 candi-dates. But more important than that is the fact that, if I'm the top male vote-getter, they'll donate $500 to my favorite local charity. I chose the Gay Men's Chorus of Washington, as I've been a member of this amazing group for 16 years and I think the mission of the group is spot-on: "To entertain through excellent musical performance, to affirm the place of Gay people in society, and to educate about the Gay experience."

You don't have to date him (though you can apply for that with the Post if you wish), all you have to do is vote for him, by clicking here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/datelab/redate/index.html

The friend who sent this to me notes Dan was also active with the local Names Project (AIDS Memorial Quilt) here in DC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I'm one of the editors the WPost Mag's Date Lab. We definitely appreciate the item on the re-Date contest, and Dan is indeed ahead right now. One important thing: While it's true you don't have to want to date Dan to vote, we do want encourage matchmaking. I mean, wouldn't it be great if aside from helping him contribute to charity, we could find him true love? The more nominations, the likelier it is. So c'mon folks: The perfect guy is out there--let's find 'im for Dan!