Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Weekend

It was a totally wholesome Easter weekend with the family, with mom, sister, niece and nephew in town not to mention our son. Here we get into coloring Easter eggs.

My niece learned to her dismay that Uncle Scott is agnostic: "You mean you're not a Christian" she asked, with the same tone of voice she might have used to say, "So you're a murding rapist?" I'm now going to Hell twice, already condemed for being gay.

But surely I earned a few "halo" points this weekend, coloring easter eggs, hiding them and then hunting them, throwing a big party for friends, neighbors and children, etc. And I think everyone had a good time. Now I'm here alone with Eli and having to endure being viewed as mean for not letting him eat all the chocolate he wants. "I need it" are his three new favorite words. "Need" and "Want" are vastly different things, a lesson Eli will struggle with -- like all of us, the rest of his life. I'm employing the help of Mick Jagger in this lesson: You Can't Always Get What you Want." Not working yet.

No comments: