Saturday, April 21, 2007

An Empty House

Folks, I haven't blogged because every post I've tried to write since the boy went back to Hawaii has evolved into a purge of self-pity. Suffice it to say I'm heartbroken and when I try to explain why it just becomes too much. Suffice it to say it entails shattered dreams and a shattered heart and a bitter betrayal by one whom I thought I could trust. I was reacquainted with an old colleague from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Thursday -- my former boss. I told her the whole story. She said "You were always too trusting." Maybe one day I'll learn (see - I warned you. Self-pity).

I'm lucky to have time I do with my boy. But it's hard not to mourn the empty void created when he's halfway around the world.

Magnify the sentiment expressed in this 1970s tune by a factor of five or so and you'll get some sense of what I'm feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cat's in the Cradle. Don't you just think he has one of the greatest singing voices? So effortless and yet powerful. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for all that you go through and for everything that you've been through. Very powerful and VERY sad song. I wish things were different for your situation. You know, your son is very lucky -- lucky to have fathers like you who love him very much......it is the greatest gift that you can ever give.