Thursday, April 12, 2007

Surely I'm on the Wrong List

One of the hazards of having a first name that could also be used by a woman (no not Scott -- Kelly is my first name) is that I occasionally get things in the mail I don't think I should.

Like this item, from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services from the Midlife and Menopause program at NIH. They're inviting me call and find out about their research on perimenopausal depression.

I don't think they really meant for me to call, but if any of you are interested, the number to call is 301.496.9576. If I do call I'll let you know what I find out.

By the way, this is not as insulting as the time, after a job interview, I got the standard rejection letter that began:

Dear Ms. Barker: After carefully reviewing your qualifications...


Um, not that carefully, actually.

1 comment:

Matty said...

Sometimes you can be Miss Barker... kind of like Miss Jackson... but that's only when you nasty!