Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Another Look at Obama and Civil Unions

Andrew Sullivan reported this about Sen. Obama:

I would, as president, make absolutely certain that all federal laws pertaining to married couples [pertain to] same-sex couples who have civil unions as well.


(That's Obama speaking, not Sullivan. Andrew's ego is not big enough -- yet -- to openly fantatasize about being President)

I did not know this. This makes Obama the only Democrat to take this position, I think? Am I wrong?

If so, Obama is much stronger on gay rights than I thought, and certainly stronger than HRC's HRC. It ain't gay marriage, but it ain't nuthin'.

More on the Obama - Clinton difference at Chris Crain's place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kucinich supports full marriage..not that he has a chance of getting the nomination...