Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Informal Presidential Primary Road Poll

I hit on what I thought was a brilliant way to help pass the time on the Thanksgiving drive -- tally the number of bumper stickers we saw for each presidential candidate and report the results back to you, my deserving readers.

Well, in the nearly 800 miles round trip here's what we saw:

1 bumper sticker.

For Ron Paul.

It's possible we missed some, but both of us did keep our eyes peeled.

We did see numerous bumper stickers in the vein of "my kid beat up your honor student" or "My golden retriever is smarter than your honor student."

And several "OBX" stickers.

But not even one faded "Kerry Edwards 04" sticker.

So, I guess, they just aren't paying much attention yet in the heartland -- at least not enough to deface their cars with political endorsements. But they sure are proud of their dumb thuggish kids and smart dogs!

1 comment:

Steven said...

I just saw a sign that was erected in a residential yard for Ron Paul. Who is he? I still see plenty of "W" bumper stickers. ACK!