Monday, November 05, 2007

Lost in Time

The first week after "fall back" always seems out of kilter. It's like jet lag without the jet. I find getting up in the mornings a little easier, but all of a sudden I'm biking to work in full sunlight instead of twilight. The entire trip in I'm thinking I'm way late -- until I start passing the same people I see everyday commuting in the other direction. Even then, they look strange in full light, like they don't belong. Kind of like Ron Paul at a Republican debate.

And then all week you can't trust a clock...which one's have been set back, and which ones are an hour ahead?

At least when you travel across time zones you're in a new environment, not just a new time. having the clock move while you don't is a jarring experience.

It's the one week of the year when "hey buddy, do you have the time?" isn't just a bad pick up line.

2 comments:

Matty said...

I need to get an update for the Nav in my car! The orginal update had daylight savings time set for last week. And it did not work this week, so I had to manually adjust it last week (to compensate) and this week since it did not catch our governments shift for convenience.

Steven said...

And the earlier "spring ahead" date is too soon. I always associated it with warmer weather when it was still freezing cold this year when we started earlier. :-)