Saturday, November 03, 2007

Hillary and the Gender Card

I'm late on the dance to this one, but Hillary needs to back off laying the gender card and claiming to be a victim during the 537th Democratic debate last week.

Signs she's doing that according to this report.

Mrs. Clinton was swiftly criticized on the Internet and by some female columnists for wanting to have it both ways, projecting herself as a strong leader but then complaining of mistreatment by men

Look, if Clinton is going to claim she needs help for being picked on by he six male candidates for president, what message is she sending about her ability to stand up to these six guys:

Bin Laden
Chavez
Il-sung
Putin
al Sistani
Ahmadinejad

I for one don't doubt she could -- but her willingness to rely on her gender as a tactic to fend off legitimate lines of questioning says all I need to know to remind me why I don't trust her.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Here, here! I agree. She will have to realize that she will be working in a man's world if she were elected President.