Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Attack of the Killer Throat

My throat has chosen Thanksgiving week to throw a temper tantrum.

It started last Wednesday night. It started kinda quiet-like, with my throat going, hey, I'm not happy here, then totally escalating into a hey asshole I'm pissed and you are not going to for one second forget I'm here and in agony!

And so now it's difficult for me to swallow food or drink.

Right before the biggest eating event of the year.

So I tried to get into see my doctor before the holiday. No dice. So I went to an "urgent care" center. Regardless of whatever care I got it wasn't "urgent." I was in the waiting room for nearly three hours.

But they ruled out Strep (which is what I thought I had). And mono (which thank God I didn't have). But they don't know what "it" is.

But that didn't stop 'em from prescribing drugs, which I am happily taking. I don't know if it'll do any good...but I'd rather try than do nothing.

But it still sure hurts swallowing.

(insert your joke here)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try the Chloraseptic strips. They work pretty quickly and the taste isn't nearly as nasty as the spray stuff. And be sure to keep the throat and nasal passages moist--use a humidifier indoors, get some saline nasal spray for when the nose dries out, take plenty of hot baths/showers. When you can swallow, try drinking as much liquid as you can--helps flush out the crap.

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear of anyone feeling sick at the holidays, especially throat ailments...

...hope you're feeling better by tmw morning!

-C

Steven said...

I went through the same exact thing and the doc confirmed tonsilitis, which I highly doubt. He prescribed me Penicilin, which did a better job on my sinuses and clearing them. I feel just as good as the day when I got out of surgery in June.