Monday, December 03, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

United Airlines thwarted my desire to visit the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. We left Dulles almost four hours late, which put me here well after the close of the attraction. Damn -- I've wanted to visit it since I first read about it in Wil Wheaton's book, Dancing Barefoot.

Anyway, I'm here. I was greeted at the Hilton by a ginourmous image of Barry Manilow on the hotel's facade. He's performing here. Also performing here is "Menopause -- the Musical" (it's a period piece). The hotel bills it as "dollar for dollar, the best show in Vegas."

I wonder how Barry feels about that?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't just United this time... I was on NorthWest to Portland; the fght to arrive at 11pm got in at 2am... I wan't happy about it, but after the flight was just glad to be alive and escaped from TSA and NorthWest.

-C (http://christopherc.wordpress.com/)

Anonymous said...

Isn't there another time during your trip that you can take the experience?

At least go to the buffet if you have the chance!

Matty said...

If you have the pleasure of seeing Celine, please tell me all about it!

Anonymous said...

MD - I think Celine is gone from Vegas. I can't believe you didn't know that....or am I mistaken?

Scott said...

Sadly, she's still here

Anonymous said...

Celine is the #2 queen of sap behind #1 Bette. Okay, I like Bette enough, but she is the queen of sap.

Matty said...

Celine is in Vegas until March 08 - can you believe there is only one degree of separation between Celine and me? OIY! A friend has actually interviewed her and been to her home.

She has some hot dancers Scott. You should check it out! And she sings a GREAT love song you know!

Scott said...

Well, I will give you this -- ms. dionne does have musical talent, unlike the overrated Mrs. Ritchie.

Anonymous said...

Oh brother, that was really low. At least Mrs. Ritchie has artistic integrity and is a cultural icon who has inspired millions. I don't think Mrs. Ritchie has ever stated that she was/is as good a singer as Celine or Whitney etc. Nothing against Celine, but she is kind of full of herself....and what's with her marrying her grandfather...I mean mentor who has only known her since she was like 10 years old. And speaking of Dionne, I'm sure that was a typo and you didn't mean Ms. Warwick.