Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Star Trek Experience

Remains, alas, outside of my personal experiences. I've now been in Vegas 1.5 days and although I've accomplished some of my professional reasons for being here (to check up on a vendor my boss isn't real happy with. I feel a little like Darth Vader coming to check up on the unfinished Death Star II and telling the hapless subordinate -- the vendor in this case -- that the "Emperor is not as forgiving as I." Without the heavy breathing, the bad skin condition and family problems, of course. But I digress). I still haven't accomplished the one personal thing I would like to do.

I was going to go workout this morning but it's a $25 fee to use the fitness center. I'm disinclined to spend money to go sweat - but then I lost about $15 last night on blackjack and spend another $10 on drinks (I wasn't gambling enough to get complimentary service -- this is a crummy hotel) so $25 wouldn't be a bad investment considering. Maybe I'll take a walk instead. It's free, the mountains are beautiful (I'm not staying on the strip now) and the fresh air would be a treat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this sounds so unlike you, but you could check out the men's room in the hotel you're staying at in the room prior to the Star Trek Experience. I think it is the room filled with (surprise) slot machines and a huge video screen (where I saw a great Madonna video once!). The restrooms are very unique for their design as they relate to the Experience.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you missed out on Star Trek, but maybe you can still dress up in a ST Captain's outfit and go visit the vendor and teleport into his office!

-C (http://christopherc.wordpress.com/)