Thursday, December 27, 2007

No Wall Between Church and State License Plates

Yes, I find them offensive to my Constitutional sensibilities.

I'm not the only one.

If you opt for one of these plates, the DMV will waive an administrative fee, making these plates cheaper than other specialty plates.

Why does God need favors from the Indiana DMV?

Look -- we all know that this God is the Christian God and these words floating above the American flag are meant to reinforce that we're a Christian nation. I'd be less upset if the state gave people the option to choose "In (fill in the blank) We Trust." And frankly, I wouldn't care if someone personalized their plates to say "JezuzBGr8te" or even, to go to the other extreme "I h8tegayz"

What people choose; fine. What the state chooses, if it strays into endorsing a religion; not fine.

No comments: