Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Trails

Between the holidays, illness, trips to Illinois, Hawaii and Nevada, I haven't been consistent on my routine, especially the bike.

This week will be the first time in a long while that I will have peddaled every day into the office, a total of around 110 miles.

I'm looking for some good tips on stretches and stamina building. I can feel the fatigue in my muscles and I continue to have problems with my right knee (paetella femoral syndrome).

I'm looking forward to warmer weather when biking will become even more enjoyable and the daylight hours longer. I will start varrying my route more.

Reading tips in Bicycling magazine I'm working on climbs and turns. On turns I'm tucking my knees into the bike and leaning in to lower my center of gravity. It seems to work.

All in all, it's the best way to commute.

No comments: