Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Saturday Night Live Defense

This moment in the debate sticks out the morning after. I know I will upset my reader (I have three, you know, so I'm not trying to offend any of them) who likes Hillary and thinks I'm unfairly picking on her. But, come one -- 35 years of experience, ready to lead on day one, and she's whinning about getting asked the first question in a debate? And using a sketch on Saturday Night Live to attack her opponent? Or was that an attack on him, perhaps she was going after the media? I'm not sure what it was. What it wasn't was presidential.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said the exact same thing last night about this segment!! Ready on day one? Ready to what?

Anonymous said...

She likely did herself no favors by complaining, but what she said was/is true, and it likely comes from frustration. Hillary has LOTS of experience in one area - she has more experience in dealing with crisis management as she has been scrutinized, under fire, and bashed more by the press, the other side and from the left than any of the three remaining contenders and this has gone on since 1992.

Jenn said...

True that the media leans away from her at best, bashes her at worst. But I'm sorry, if you want to be POTUS you're not always going to have people on your side, following you around and waiting in line to kiss your a##. She didn't come off well by whining about it. She needs instead to ask herself why it is happening in the first place.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.