Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Voting

After all the words I've devoted to Obama here I finally got to vote for him in the Potomac Primary (or Chesapeake Primary or Crabcake Primary as I've heard it called).

I was expecting a huge crowd but there was only a small line. I worry -- is it because I live in a predominately Hispanic neighborhood and they're sitting it out? Or maybe because there's only one race on the ballot things are moving quickly?

I see a neighbor. Are there more younger African-Americans in line than I usually see? I think so. A reporter is interviewing a white woman. She's for Barack.

On the way to work (driving, this morning) I hear Bill Clinton on the local news talk station. He's good. The low income working families who really need change are for Hillary...it's the people who have it made want to ignore the accomplished one and bring in fresh leadership. Or so he says. I've seen Bill close the sale for Hillary in Nevada and he is a good closer. If I were undecided and I heard him I would probably vote for her. The news announcer says Sen. Kerry and Sen. Kennedy will be on later for Obama. Are these really good closers for him in the DC area?

I'm nervous.

1 comment:

Cardinal said...

"With the Clinton campaign all but conceding losses Tuesday, as well as in other primaries during the month, the New York senator prepared to fly to Texas, which holds its primary on March 4. She is banking on strong showings there and in Ohio, which votes the same day, to blunt Obama's momentum." -- AP

Fingers crossed.