Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hillary and the Lies

At the risk of totally alienating Scottstake Reader number 3 who loves Hillary, I have to say, yes, I keep criticizing her but she keeps giving me reasons to do so!

First, let me relay a conversation I had with a friend yesterday. My friend is a married mother of two with her own business. In a long conversation I asked her who she was supporting for president. McCain, as it turns out. I asked why not Obama? He'll raise my taxes, she said. We talked about this for a while. Then I said, well, what about Hillary?

She went off. First on what she called Hillary's lying, saying anything to anyone if it would get her power. Then on betraying every feminist principle she had. I wish I could relay every word as it was artful, but it boiled down to first saying she wasn't the "stand by your man" kind of wife then doing precisely that when her husband publicly humiliated her and her daughter for the sole purpose of power. My friend said it much better.

Fast forward to an interview the Hillster gave to Judy Woodruff in which she said:

JUDY WOODRUFF: People look at what's happened in your campaign, Senator Clinton,
and they say, what has happened? All of last year you were the front runner, you
were the presumed, you were headed for that nomination and then January comes
along, boom, Senator Obama starts winning primaries. He has now won eleven in a
row. How do you explain what's happened?

MRS. CLINTON: None of this is
surprising to me. You know, last spring when I looked at how the race was
shaping up, I knew that it would be a close contest and I assumed it would be
with Senator Obama and at that time I said we have got to start thinking about
Texas, we have to start thinking ahead.

But that's not what she said last December:






But these are just words. And as she has been saying recently, words don't matter.

No comments: