Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Results

On the Dem side, it went pretty much as expected and we leave Super Tuesday without clearly victorious nominee, though Hillary still has the edge.

We seem to be going through a seesaw. First Obama wins big (Iowa) Hillary ekes out a response victory (NH). Then Obama wins big (SC), then Hillary ekes out another victory (FL, big supter Tuesday states). And I'm getting dizzy...

I would have liked Obama to have picked up a surprise victory in the NE or California. Still, his narrow win in "bellwether" Missouri was something.

Gays went for her two to one in California.

The one thing that will unite Republicans behind John McCain will be Hillary's nomination.

Stupidest thing I heard on the coverage last night: Keith Olberman: on Tennessee going for Hillary: "It was too early to call, but now it's later." No kidding.

And it's later than you think. And my fear is the Dems will nominate the retread.

But next week it's my turn to vote. Does anyone know where I can get my Obama yard sign?

3 comments:

Matty said...

My neighbor and I are trying, so I will let you know!

Anonymous said...

While I agree that a Hillary nomination will likely unite republicans, the republicans have a bigger problem in that they can't unite over McCain. The turnout for the democrats in almost all of the primaries has been significantly higher than the republican turnout - even in red states. There is a big battle between the two democratic candidates, but the party in general seems united and full of energy. I see the opposite among the republicans.

Scott said...

No doubt about it, the GOP is in trouble. The only thing it could have going for it would be a Hillary nomination, which again supports your point