Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Missy Manners

Missy Mattydale discourses on manners in the city. Quote of note:

An average ride on the Metro usually involves several attempts from fellow passengers to make their way around others with no use of two simple words... "excuse me" or the ever popular "pardon me." And then we go to the opposite end of the spectrum: the wackadoos who yell at you, "MOVE IN SO I CAN GET ON!!!" This usually happens when the train is so packed that you could not fit a piece of scotch tape between my ass and the person standing beside me.

To his list of bad behavior I'd add this one: people who litter. It's the number two thing on list of things I hate about living in the city (the constant sirens being number one). People who litter show ultimate disrespect not only for mother Earth but also for the people whose property they deface.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

General littering and vandalism disrespects us ALL because ultimately we all pay for it - for those we hire or those assigned to clean it up in addition to the waste produced on mother earth.

Anonymous said...

Here, here. I totally agree. Someone needs to bring back the commercial of the American Indian standing at the side of the road and getting bopped with a bag of trash. I wonder why the kids in this city have no sense of civic responsibility and then I meet their parents. Case closed.