Thursday, February 01, 2007

Spooky

I've mentioned before there are strange occurrences in my house. We have heard a woman laughing and singing, we've heard (as have guests) footsteps down the hall when no one is there. The dogs sometimes stare a point in the wall and one time one dog moved her head from side to side as though watching someone (or something) walk across the room.

And, a few times, the stereo has turned itself on (I swear to you I'm not making this up).

Another incident just happened. My office is next to my son's room, where his toys are. One of them is a toy backhoe that works...you can pull levers and activate its treads and move the lift up and down. The levers are like light switches that have to be physically flipped to activate. It's been sitting quietly in his room since his last visit here, in November.

I'm sitting here working, and all of a sudden I hear the toy backhoe turn on, it's treads moving. It's loud, so it scared the crap out of me. My first thought was the dog somehow bumped against it. But when I entered the room, no dog.

I flipped the switch to turn it off.

Creepy.

Explanations?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the dog bumped into it, it turned on, the dog was startled and then made a quick exit before you arrived to tak a look......see, that wasn't too hard was it?

Scott said...

The dog was upstairs and she can't move so fast anymore to have triggered the toy and then climbed a flight of stairs in the time elapsed and without me hearing her.