Sunday, February 25, 2007

Perfect Afternoon

What better way to spend a snowy afteroon than in the presence of family and friends.

This is the scene off my front porch today -- much more snow than had been predicted. The LTR, my mother and I went next door for brunch in front of my neighbor's fireplace. Joining the fun, besides us were my neighbor, his British girlfriend, his son, his daughter and her partner, and some random cute guy and his Russian girlfriend.

When we returned home we found our Indonesian neighbor's kid playing in our front yard. A very Mayberry, RFD afternoon, dontcha think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful afternoon yesterday and it has been a long time since we've had that wet snow that clings to everything and makes trees and shrubs look like cotton candy. Even though driving in this city during a snowstorm can be frustrating (I am a native), if you sit back and think about it, snow in our lifetimes is such a rare occurance and it is always so fleeting (it has already mosty disappeared from the tree limbs this morning :( ).

Even with all of the problems that can come from it, I always find beauty and major excitment whenever it does happen.