Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Reading List

I just finished Doris Kearns Goodwin's wonderful book on Lincoln, "A Team of Rivals." Yes, I'm a Civil War "buff" in general and a Lincoln nut in particular. No, I don't think Lincoln was gay as some have argued.

Since the Goodwin book was lengthy and "serious" (though riveting to me) I decided to read a novel. I just ordered fellow blogger Christopher Scott Sarno's book "The Absence of Space and Time" from Amazon (after checking with my local gay bookstore Lambda Rising to see if they had it. They don't -- sorry, Chris).

While at the bookstore I went ahead and picked up Paul Burston's book, "Shameless."

I also recently read a book by local DC gay writer Alex MacLennan entitled "The Zookeeper," set here at the National Zoo and DC. Metro Weekly did a story on him here. It was a good book, though not exactly a page turner and the ending was a bit ambivalent. I guess life is that way too. But I kind of like things to get wrapped up by novel's end.

1 comment:

Christopher Scott Sarno said...

I hear that Sarno's book is tripe, every last word!

;-)